Saturday, March 13, 2010

Fire Prism ... almost.

I just remembered why most of my own vehicles remain unpainted.  They are time consuming!  That said, they are very rewarding to have done.  This guy is nearly there.  I forgot the metal doodad in the front, so it's a recent addition.

I took the liberty of adding a shuriken cannon in place of the tl shuriken catapult.  This way it has a bit of threat even after a weapon destroyed result.  You could still zip around to pen a predator in the side armor.

Yeah, I've been reading a lot of Eldar tactica lately.  I'm committed to improving my record of ZERO wins.

3 comments:

BigDakka said...

"ZERO WINS?" Your dice must hate you! My game'n crew FEARS both my Dark and Craftworld space elves!
The only thing i can think of is that you might be playing you eldar like your blood ravens.
Be sneaky and hit 'em where it hurts.....the big point models first then the rest is just mop up. Heh, i started two new armies just so my friends stop bitch'n...The Death Korps of Krieg and the Chaos Traitor Guard of Vraks....they are put together and primed. IG can be just as tricky as Eldar so it should be alot of fun! Ah, a challenge worthy of my Skills!

Mike Howell said...

I have yet to actually field Eldar in a game, and I've only played about 8 or 9 games of 40k total. Part of my problem is building/painting just enough of an army to get a 1500 point game in and them playing only 1 or 2 games (Orks/Witch Hunters.) I also have only played my Space Marines 5 times... 4 of which were an 'ard boyz tournament. It may seem counter intuitive for a beginner to enter 'ard boyz but I knew I'd get four scheduled games in one day. Totally worth it and fun.

Dverning said...

Eh. I'm not a fan of the Shuriken Cannon on the Prism. I can just as easily Ram.

Still, that's why I've magnetized mine.

Also, it totally makes sense to me for entering Ard Boyz. It gives you a chance to play! That's why I try to make the monthly tournaments at my local shop... even if I don't get in any other games during the month, that's one day I'm guaranteed to get in 3-4.